Thursday, January 19, 2006

We need a Balm


As famine ravages Kenya once again I wonder when we will ever learn.
Our Children are dying, people are suffering
When will we learn, when will we learn
Our Cattle are dying, the land is suffering
When will we learn, when will we learn
Our land is dying.
The whole situation reminds me of a bible verse in Jeremiah that asks is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people? But at the same time I remember that song that says
There is a balm in Gilead.To make the wounded whole
There is a balm in Gilead.To heal the sin-sick soul
Sometimes I feel discouraged,And think my work's in vain
But then the Holy Spirit Revives my soul again
Don't ever feel discouraged.For Jesus is your friend
And if you lack of knowledge.He'll ne'er refuse to lend
There is a balm in Gilead
Jesus save our children save our people, save our cattle, save our land, there is a balm in Gilead there is a balm in Gilead.
Jeremiah 8:22 (New International Version)

6 comments:

irena said...

Thanks for the prayer. God knows they need help....

Acolyte said...

Nice blog!All I can say is that we need a long term food policy.How long are we going to give out relief food?

Whispering Inn said...

I agree with the Acolyte. This is another reason why Kenyans need to elect a progressive, policy-driven parliament and government. Only then can we seek long-lasting solutions to issues such as hunger and the up-coming floods.

Farmgal said...

Our government needs to wake up.

Can I ask ..when are you hooking us up with that track again?

walk said...

@farm am still having trouble with the sound quality but am working on it.
ps if anyone knows how to add a media player to the blog that would really help me uplink the track/s

akiey said...

Kenya will see real progress the day the BS MPs & ministers serve the people & not their pockets.
How could they be so blind to the impending famine....or was bickering over the constition more important? If that's not sinful, then what is I wonder?!

PS: Thanks for stopping by my blog JoE!