Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Fog of War

Today I work up very early a pending snowstorm later in the day and a terrible evening last night was enough for me to be awake at 6 am in the morning on a Saturday. You see yesterday I experienced first class warfare. My defenses completely failed but later I hang on to the scripture that say “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me”.2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version).
You see yesterday was not a road side bombing that caught me unaware, it was something I walked into , yes it was a trap and I knew it but I was powerless. Nevertheless, I thank God that he is able to redeem and rescue. That though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again.Proverbs 24:16 (New International Version) You see in this battle called life whenever I get knocked down Jesus lifts me up.
Now this righteousness is not my own, clearly a man who walks into a trap well knowing it’s a trap of the enemy cannot be righteous. No this righteousness is the blood of Jesus that was shed on the cross to cover my sins and yours. It is the garment that covers us and enables us to be presented before the thrown of God as holy and clean.
In any war the term fog of war always comes up, the fog of war is the lack of knowledge that occurs during a war. Most importantly, it refers to each side's uncertainty about the enemy's capabilities and plans. Therefore, as you walk the walk of faith you might lark knowledge of the enemies capabilities or you may face uncertainties but remember as a redeemed Christian washed in the blood you also have a different F.O.G in your war .The Favor Of God. So put on the armor of God and stand.
Never give up if you get knocked down stand back up. Never surrender!.Yes you may be in pain but never give up! tighten your armor and fight again!you may be knocked down but your not knocked out! Let the devil know like am letting him know you might have knocked me down but am still standing and JESUS is still my KING
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms
Ephesians 6:11-12 (New International Version
)

No comments: