Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Kairos Continued



Being frightened is an experience you can't buy."---- Anthony Price - Sion Crossing (1984)
Many people claim to have no fear, but the truth is they have never encountered fear itself .for me the fear was not of death itself but what would happen after I die. You see despite the bravado I had put up for 21 years deep down inside I knew if I died, I would appear before at the throne of God. And the thought of appearing before God himself scared me to bits.
continued ......Hours later, we left the club, I lived the furthest and I would be the first to be dropped .As we slowly made our way I knew the moment was coming anytime soon we would crash and I would die.

As we got onto Waiyaki Way, I knew the time had come. It was so final so quiet so surreal I cant even begin to explain it .if we were going to die it was going to be on this stretch of the road.

Quietly in the back seat I said the prayer .God if I sleep in my bed tonight I will serve you for the rest of my life .A few min later sleeping in my bed I knew the moments before that and now were distinctly different. That a path had been chosen and a life had been changed.

A few month later just like that at a safari seven match I drunk my last tusker not because drinking was a sin\afterall jesus turned water into wine) but because God was calling me to a higher purpose that required me to lay down the false god that alcohol had became Another few months later I was involved in a near fatal accident with an 18-wheeler on waiyaki way. .stepping out of my mums car safe and unhurt I realized that I did not curse( I used to curse a lot), I experienced a peace I had never experienced before and a constant headache had for many years was completely gone. As i stood there by the road where moments before i almost died i broke into a smile and fought to keep my tears from falling for i had experienced the presence of God that months before i had feared

You might be reading this and you fear appearing before God as you are .this message might be your last chance before He summons your soul to appear before His throne .
If you know this is your kairos moment
when JESUS began to minister he read from the book of Isaiah
The Year of the LORD's Favor The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners
Isaiah 61:1 (New International Version)

6 comments:

Girl next door said...

Death is so scary I guess that's why most people avoid talking about it. I do believe that God looks out for us and keeps us safe through dangerous situations.

Acolyte said...

Shine your light wisely son and let it illuminate the hearts of others.Make sure that you are not so spiritually minded that you are of no earthly good.....

mama shady said...

wah! i didnt know there were kenyan bloggers out there expressing there faith!men! your blog has jazzed me and funny enough i only came by it because i was reading about you and them other jocks:-)debating about the best rugby team in kenya!
keep on sharing your faith men!
just to comment on acolytes words,what he says is true, but everything begins and ends in christ we're not of the world but he equips us to live in it!so you seek his will, and you'll be set.

Uaridi said...

Thank you for sharing your deepest. May you grow beyond fear into confidence and just serve the Lord because He IS

Girl in the Meadow said...

Joe, thanks for sharing,
I know the joy of discovering Christ that i have experienced in the last year.

Though i still drink a beer here and there i have the most wonderful relationship with God, It is as if He is usually talking to me, i ask Him what to do and He tells me. It is actually the best.

walk said...

@girl next door: true God looks out for us all the time. As for death being scary I think it’s because people don’t know what will happen to them .but if you know Jesus and He knows you then death looses its sting. You have no fear because death only ushers you to the presence of God

@Acolyte: thank you and trust me am striving to be of some earthly good .trying to break stereo types but standing on the truth.

@mama shady: glad you stumbled in, yes I love rugby it s after all it is referred to as heavens game. Many people would be shocked at how many international rugby stars are born again, especially southern hemisphere. plus there is nothing like the crowd(40 thousand strong) singing that hymn “swing low sweat chariot coming forward to carry me home” its just a taste of what heaven will be like.

@Uaridi thank you so much

@Shiro good that you recon that God’s way is best .as for the beer! If you want to be a leader or want God to use you for extra ordinary purposes give it up, but I understand we are called to different things