Sunday, January 14, 2007

Martin Luther King Jr

Martin Luther King has always been my hero. I remember growing up in Nairobi and making a T-shirt of the man and wearing it proudly to my undergraduate university not because he fought for civil rights. (Which was a great thing ).Martin Luther King was a Preacher.(My pastor's fav line is preach black man preach!) Anyway That is what made me think highly of the man .Growing up I knew that I would either be a preacher or a politician .But it was Martin Luther who showed me that I didn’t have to pick one .That if I chose to do God's will then field boundaries could be transcended .The separation of church and state was laid to waste by Dr King .Dr King was a perfect example of why church and state can never be separated .

The church is the moral compass for the state.

It was Dr King that taught a young man in deep Africa that a man could dream. It was Dr King who taught a young man in Africa that it was a good thing to teach and speak about God. It was Dr King who taught a young man in Africa that serving people was more important than serving self. It was Dr King who taught a young man in Africa that with God on your side you are a majority.

Have a blessed and happy MLK day




No comments: