Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fight for it

May 2007 is here and yesterday I had an epiphany .OK it didn't just happen its something I have been thinking about since my birthday(2 months ago) .I have always known that God has a plan for my life and that His intentions have always been good towards me . The sad thing is that I have not been living to my full potential.Despite God's plans and His merciful will towards me, I have been sabotaging the plans myself .Anyway I was watching TD Jakes the other day and he was talking about taking possession of the land .
God's instructions to Israel were very clear and the same applies to our lives .
God gives us dreams ,goals,abilities and plans but we also have a part to play .When Israel crossed the Jordan the land was already theirs but they had to physically cross into it ,fight for it and settle on it. The land was theirs when God said it to Abraham ,many years before ! the same applies to us! The things God has for you are yours.The things God has for me are mine .So its time to walk into what God has for us ,to take possession of it .
Nothing can stop us from having it, apart from ourselves .I have always told my friends that I never start something I cant finish. I will walk this walk and finish .

To the things that have stood in my way ,time is up.Yes you are free to put u a fight .But I am also ready to fight for whats mine!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (New International Version)