Monday, August 7, 2006

Alone and silence

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away"-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

My sister recently called me, she was concern about my social life or the lark of it . Since moving from Houston not much has been happening . If you have watched the movie 'The game ' Micheal Douglas . My life is something like his life . Except i go to church on sundays with my three year old nephew. To be honest I did understand her concern but i was quick to reassure her that i was alright .You know you can be alone and not lonely .I have never been happier .when I go to sleep, I sleep like a baby apart from yesterday .Sometimes when you walk a different path you have to walk alone . Taking time to be alone is an opportunity to be silent and hear from God .At this point I have learnt how to be alone from other people , I am still trying to be alone and silent within myself .